Friends of the Library
Who They Are
The Friends of the Library is a nonprofit volunteer organization comprised of individuals who support the Alliance Public Library in its role as a vital resource center to Alliance.
What They Do
Friends help by raising monies to help fund the Summer Reading and Story Time programs as well as purchase new books, furniture, computers and many other items that help make the library an enjoyable community resource.
Some specific activities include:
- Funding children’s programs
- Sponsoring and organizing Book Sale events in the lower level of the Alliance Learning Center
Hosting and promoting library events and activities
People join for many reasons. The benefits of an FOL membership include the following:
- Tax-deductibility for your membership and books donated to our book sales
- Becoming a part of a growing group of people who care enough about the library to join
- Eligibility for participation in the early sales during the Book Sale events