Building Code Enforcement & Permitting
Building and Permitting is responsible for plan reviews, issuing building permits, and performing inspections to insure compliance with adopted building codes and zoning ordinances.
Please call 762-5400 to schedule an inspection.
When do I need a Permit?
List of Adopted Codes
- 2009 International Building Code
- 2009 International Existing Building
- 2009 International Fuel
- 2009 International Mechanical
- 2009 International Plumbing Code
- National Flood Insurance Program
- 2009 International Residential Code
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2014 National Electrical Code
- 2009 International Property Maintenance Code
Engineering or Architectural Drawing Requirement
The State of Nebraska Engineers and Architects Regulation Act requires Engineering or Architectural drawings for projects over a certain square footage. The E&A Manual may be found by following the link below:
Nebraska Engineers and Architects Regulation Handbook
Effective April 9, 2014, the State of Nebraska has adopted the 2014 Edition of the National Electrical Code. All electrical permitting, plan reviews, and inspections are done through the Nebraska State Electrical Board. Please follow the link below for more details.
Nebraska State Electrical Inspection Website